The d.light D20 Solar Home System provides you the safety and security of having light when you need it most. The d.light D20 is the perfect way to light your off-grid structures, such as barns, sheds, cabins, tents, gazebos and more.
• All in one solar rechargeable lighting and cell phone charging system
• Renewable energy – roof mounted solar panel delivers power with no recurring costs
• Charges cell phones and other low power devices via USB port
• Two fixed lamps with wall switches provide up to 15 hours of bright area lighting (85 lumens)
• Rechargeable, portable lantern provides up to 10 hours of area lighting (25 lumens)
• Dual charging options – solar and AC charging
• Maintenance-free – no battery replacements needed and more than a five year product life
• Rugged and durable – weather, dust, insect and impact resistant
• Free 2-year replacement warranty
d.light is a for-profit social enterprise whose purpose is to create new freedoms for customers without access to reliable power so they can enjoy a brighter future. We design, manufacture and distribute solar light and power products throughout the developing world. We aim to empower the lives of at least 100 million people by 2020. d.light serves over 62 countries, through over 12,000 retail outlets, 10 field offices, and five regional hubs. The company employs over 300 people directly, and indirectly employs hundreds more worldwide.
In 2004, during d.light co-founder Sam Goldman’s Peace Corps service in Benin, Africa, his neighbor’s son was badly burned by an overturned kerosene lamp. This incident, along with the knowledge that 2.3 billion people in the world still do not have access to reliable electricity, inspired Sam to participate in a class called Entrepreneurial Design for Extreme Affordability at the Stanford Design School, where he met co-founder Ned Tozun. That’s where they developed their initial prototype solar lantern and an ambitious plan to bring safe, bright, and renewable lighting to people around the globe.